Academic session of the presentation of Doctors honoris causa and Doctors with Thesis
Boulevard du Rectorat 13
4000 Liège See the map
For the thirteenth year, the University of Liege organizes, on Saturday 25th March 2023, a ceremony honoring its new Doctors with Thesis (graduated during the calendar year 2022), associated with the Doctors honoris causa proposed by the Faculties of ULiège.
This event is an opportunity for the academic community to salute scientists of great value, rewarded for the remarkable quality of their work and their fundamental contribution to the progress of society, as well as eminent personalities from the political, economic, social or cultural world.
Discover the Portraits of Doctors honoris causa upon proposal by Faculties
Program of the ceremony
8:30 am : Welcome coffee • collection of diplomas
9:45 am : Doors open
10:00 am : Session begins
- Welcome by the Rector
- Presentation of the insignia of Doctor honoris causa & honouring of the Doctors with Thesis
12:30 pm : Cocktail reception
Registration is required by 13th March.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Attend the ceremony LIVE (from 10am)
Lectures of the honorary doctors 2023
- Mr. Anton Aluja will give a public lecture entitled "Biological bases of personality in recent years" on Thursday, March 23,.
- Mrs. Dominique Gauzin-Müller will give a public lecture entitled "How to teach the ecological transition in the curriculum of architecture students", on Thursday March 23, 2023 at 6:00 pm.
- Mr. Philippe Walter will give a public lecture entitled "The role of materials in artistic creation. L'imagerie chimique pour étudier les oeuvres d'art ", Friday, March 24, 2023 at 2:00 pm.
- Mrs. Emmanuelle Charpentier will give a public lecture entitled "Aresearch journey towards the CRISPR-Cas genome engineering technology", on Friday, March 24, 2023 at 4:00 pm in the Amphitéatre 204 of Europe.
- Mrs. Eve Marder will give a public lecture entitled "Resilience to Perturbation in Degenerate Neurons and Networks: Relevance to Climate Change." on Friday, March 24, 2023 at 2:00 pm at the Dick Annegarn Exedra.